Friday, January 27, 2006

Happy Birthday, Mozart

If we were living in Biblical times, Mozart would be 250 years old today. Unfortunately, we aren't, and so he isn't actually alive to celebrate his birthday.

We are celebrating by taping for our archives the 24 Hour Mozart international broadcast. I'm sure it will be available on DVD, but, ah well. Who knows, I'll probably flub the whole thing up somehow, especially since videotapes will have to be changed in the middle of the night. Still, it should be a delightful mix of music, documentaries, and all things Mozart. And how often do we have days that are all things Mozart?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caution Scarf, You never know when Ethnocentrist is lurking and just may need that bit of information to call you a youngin.

Emily said...

Hi. My name is emily.. I just wanted to say that if you think about it.. Mozart isn't really dead because his music isn't.. so he could still be alive. Ha. Happy birthday Mozart! Emily

hobbes said...

Oh dear - I was going to say something clever about Mozart still being alive through his music and then Emily beat me to it..

hobbes said...

Oh dear - I was going to say something clever about Mozart still being alive through his music and then Emily beat me to it..

melusina said...

If only he hadn't been such a "rock star", he might have made even more music.

Yes, he is still alive, through his music...thank goodness for that.