Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Passing exams is hard, so hard, you shouldn't have to

While going through my daily news sites today, I found this gem from Kathimerini:

Some 20 students at the Athens Law School staged a sit-in protest at the offices of the Athens Bar Association, demanding that graduates should not be forced to pass exams to become members. The students argued that it was unfair that 40 graduates failed the latest round of exams.

You know, I really want a lawyer who didn't pass his exams to represent me, because I think in order to aim high you really gotta go low. But really, what kind of expectations does the Athens Bar Association have when they require law school graduates to pass the bar? I think a simple requirement of breathing should be enough, although that might be difficult, since most lawyers are undead.

No comments: