Saturday, November 29, 2008

What the hell is wrong with people?

Three violent deaths in two stores marred the opening of the Christmas shopping season Friday.

In the first, a temporary Wal-Mart employee was trampled to death in a rush of thousands of early morning shoppers as he and other employees attempted to unlock the doors of a Long Island, New York, store at 5 a.m., police said.

In the second violent incident on what is historically one of the year's busiest shopping days, two men were shot dead in a Toys "R" Us in Palm Desert, California, after they argued in the store, police said.


Honestly, are we humans, or are we monsters?

3 comments:

Laurie Constantino said...

Insanity.

Bloggo said...

The shooting seems to be gang related or from some sort of ongoing argument. Why they chose to shoot it out at the Toy 'R Us, I have no idea.

Rositta said...

I have long held the opinion that humans have lost their humanity. There are very few examples of goodness any more in the world. What caused it? I'm not sure but I suspect the "me first" generation of which I am a product had a lot to do with it. When I see the masses rushing to buy especially in the country that caused the current financial meltdown with their greed I get ill. I don't have an answer as to how to change it en masse, just each of us try to do a little good every day...ciao