Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Hoping

I hope beyond hope that all goes well with the repairs on the space shuttle Discovery, and that all the astronauts come home safe and sound.

One weird thing, we just watched the X-Files episode entitled Space, from the first season. It deals with an astronaut who was seemingly "possessed" by the soul of an alien that looks like that Mars face. The thing that happens with the shuttle in that episode seems similar to what happened to Columbia, and what is happening with Discovery. Yet that aired 10 years before the Columbia accident.

Creepy.

1 comment:

melusina said...

Yea, I know that feeling, and I suppose in a way that can be part of it. But at the same time, at least in this case, I really don't want the space exploration program to be a bust, and another crash would probably slow it down considerably.

Still, I can't imagine what it is like to be one of those astronauts, they gotta be thinking about whether or not they'll make it home alive.

I really do hope they do.