The lovely Yianna has tagged me for a tasty restaurant meme, which entails the following rules:
- Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the state and country you're in:
Nicole Tan (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
Yianna (Athens, Greece)
Melusina (Thessaloniki, Greece)
3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.
Ok, let’s keep it interesting. I tag:
Sandra, Here in Korea
Kim, Stepping Stones (Tirana,
Cynthia Rae, Re-Boot, A New Life in Italy
Vol Abroad, The Vol Abroad (
Michael, Chez Bez (
Now, none of y’all have to feel obliged here (especially Vol, what with the impending Cletus arrival), but it would be interesting to read about where y’all eat.
I’m perhaps not the best person for a restaurant meme, because I am one of those adults with the culinary tastes of a seven-year-old (yes, I could eat pizza every day). I don’t even like the traditional Greek fare of moussaka and pastitsio, because I need to keep my food simple. But we have made our way to a few restaurants here in
1) Οπτά Πυρί (Opta Pyri),
2) Ούζου Μέλαθρον (Ouzoo Melathron), right off of Venizelou near Tsimiski. This place has a kitcshy, fun feel to it, although the menu might be a bit daunting for folks unfamiliar with Greek fare. Also, the names of some of the dishes might be considered offensive by some prudish types (one dish is called “Maria’s Boobs” and it actually resembles boobs). Also reasonably priced, maybe a bit more expensive than your average taverna.
3) Extrablatt, Alex. Svolou 46. All types of sausages and meat dishes. A plethora of beer choices. Interesting artwork, nice atmosphere. A little pricier than most, expect to spend some money on your meal here, but it is well worth it.
4) Κουρδιστό Γουρούνι (Kourdisto Gourouni), 31, Agias Sofias. Another beer laden restaurant, with good sausages and roast meats, and the best fried potatoes in all of
5) Pizza Preludio, Justinianus 24, tel. 2310.252046. Yep, I had to do it. I had to include my favorite pizza place. How could I not? I actually don’t know if they have a place to eat in the restaurant, but hey, if you are in the