Sunday, May 22, 2005

Our Number One

Congratulations to Helena Paparizou and her performance of the song My Number One, which won the Eurovision Song Contest this year. This is the first time that Greece has won the Eurovision Song Contest since they first entered in 1974. Kiev did a wonderful job of hosting the event, and newly elected president Victor Yuschenko appeared to give a special award to Helena.

Since you can't vote for your own country, I voted for Moldova's RHCP-like performance from the band ZDOB [shi] ZDUB. My husband voted for Norway's heavy metal band Wig Wam. There were some bad performances, but I won't go into that here.

At any rate, I am quite happy that Greece won. I have only lived here for three years, but Greece has become my adopted home country. Now, if they'd just quit playing My Number One over and over...

No comments: