Saturday, May 21, 2005

Ten

I woke up this morning feeling 10 again, feeling the urge to sacrifice extra sleep for Saturday morning cartoons. I woke up missing being 10, which - I should tell you - is a first for me. I am not one of those people. I don't reminisce, tilting my head, thinking "awww! I miss being in school" or "ahh to be 16 again". Sure, they were fun times - for the most part - but I'm better off now. You see why this morning urge is noteworthy. I hope it doesn't mean I'm getting old. Nah, I'm not. Everything else aside, it left a pleasant aftertaste, like a pleasant dream once you wake up - you don't remember it exactly, but the warmth stays with you. I suppose in a way I am still 10 somewhere inside, I am still silly (just ask my wife) and unruly and curious and vulnerable. I hope I never denounce my 10 year old self... it's probably the best part of me.

No comments: