Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Book Review

I just finished reading Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven and thoroughly enjoyed it. My father had recommended it, and knowing him I figured it would be something I would like.

In a nutshell, it covers the experiences of newly deceased Eddie, as he travels through heaven and meets the five people who help him come to an understanding about his life and death. It manages to weave the stories together beautifully, and presents the reader with a unique view of heaven.

I suppose some people might find this book a bit maudlin, and it gets that way at times, but such a thing can't really be avoided in this type of story. It gets over these hurdles easily and lures the reader with thoughtful passages.

It is a very quick and easy read, and I think profound reading for anyone 12 years old or over, especially in a family discussion setting.

No comments: