Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Seriously folks

How could the French have voted "Non" to the Euroconstitution when the campaign produced pictures of this guy:

Pietr the Plumber

Time for me to visit Poland!

In this week's Time there were a plethora of letters regarding the French vote, some disagreeing with them, some saying good for them for having a voice, etc. Now, I am the last person to say "lets not give anyone a voice", and this is what the French decided, wrong or right, noone really knows. Sure, it has thrown the EU into a type of "chicken with its head cut off" syndrome, and in the end no one cared abou the Dutch vote. One of the letters, written by a Frenchman, struck me.

"I've never been so ashamed of being French. Now I know how intelligent, worldly Americans felt when Bush was re-elected."

Ahhh, thank you for that! I was beginning to think no Europeans actually considered the fact that not ALL of us voted for Bush.

But see, thats the thing, this is what happens when you give everyone a voice. Not all of us agree, and some of us are quite upset about the result. Still, in the end, I'd rather have a voice to regret than none at all.

No comments: