Friday, September 22, 2006

I'd tell him to shrug

According to Variety, Angelina Jolie has won the role of Dagny Taggart in the movie version of Ayn Rand's classic novel Atlas Shrugged. I happen to like this novel myself, and Ms. Jolie isn't exactly how I pictured Dagny, nor am I certain she has the acting skills to pull it off. As long as Brad Pitt isn't cast as John Galt (because by god, he isn't right for the part), I'll give Jolie the benefit of the doubt and see how she does before castigating her as the choice for the role. I learned that lesson when I was upset with the casting of Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview with a Vampire, because even though I still hate him, I must acknowledge that he played the part well. All in all, I'm more interested in seeing who they cast for Hank Rearden, because I've always pictured him in a Paul Newman kind of way, although I can't think of an actor today who really fits the bill. I bet I know who they'll cast for Frisco, but I hope they don't.

Honestly though, I'd prefer they not make a movie of Atlas Shrugged. But what can you do? I can choose not to see it, after all, but that is about as likely as humans regrowing their tails. Ah, whatever. Who is John Galt?

2 comments:

St. Caffeine said...

I agree that they shouldn't try to make an Atlas movie. I just dread all the political sniping that will accompany such an effort.

Anonymous said...

REARDON HUH >>????

HOW about the younger of the FEINS

brothers ,, thinkhe would be excellent

then again , im not a producer.


=zardoz=