Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This nutella business is getting out of hand

Nutella was not unknown to me before I moved to Greece, although I had never been tempted to try it. I married into a family of chocoholics, so Nutella is a crucial part of the daily diet, as crucial as milk or water or even air, for that matter. My husband and his sister appear to eat Nutella on just about everything, from bread to cookies to whatever might be complementary with the chocolate-hazelnut spread (and sometimes, they just bring a spoon). While I think it is tasty, it adds way too much sweetness for me. It is akin to sitting down with a jar full of frosting.

I knew things were out of control when the Nutella jar appeared with the brownies I made last night. That just seems like overkill to me. But to my husband, it is just right. I like chocolate, but I have to face it, I just won't ever understand chocoholics.

4 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

A true chocoholic would have added a scoop of chocolate ice-cream on the brownie, THEN added nutella on top and THEN... wash it all down with chocolate milk.
Amateurs.


;-)

Anonymous said...

What I like to do is suck the jelly out of a jelly donut, and then stuff it with reeses peanut butter cups (from Thanopoulos).

But, when I don't have reeses, I stuff the donut with Nutella

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS :


I KNEW THIS BLOG WAS ADDICTIVE
BUT NOW ,,STRANGELY SO ,, I SEEM
TO UNDERSTAND ,,WHY ,,

YOYRE ALL BROTHER CHOCOHOLICS.!=Z=


WATCH IT FLUBBERWINKLE I'LL
HAVE YOY KNOW I MAKE A GREAT CHOCOLATE PINEAPPLE ,,
WITH REESE PEANUT BUTTER CUP SPREAD

HELL OF A KICK , SCRUFF .

Dixie said...

I think my nephew would say that his favorite part of visiting me in Germany is that he can get huge, huge jars of Nutella everywhere.