Sunday, June 11, 2006

The perfect storm

As dawn approached a storm drew near – not a virulent, violent tempest – a gentle, calming thunder that rolled in slowly from the sea. While the sounds rumbled overhead the dawn sky emitted the most spectacular light, as if the world was sheathed in a sheer, caramel silk. The color was alluring, sensual – the city was calling to the storm in the sea like a lustful siren

Come to me
Cover me
I am waiting

The rain fell in large, crystalline droplets, as if they carried long forgotten tears – a sailor lost at sea, a hero felled in combat - the quiet sorrow of a thousand years. The thunder boomed sonorously yet peacefully, a long lost lover emerging from Poseidon’s realm, embracing the city in the protection of sea, mountain, and sky. One last gift of Zeus, his voice whispers among the winds and the rain

I am here
I am here
I still watch over you

2 comments:

Flubberwinkle said...

Excellent wording for such beautiful imagery.

Anonymous said...

zardoz says :

beautiful..............