Tuesday, May 30, 2006

It isn't so funny if it is true

Today, someone arrived at my blog after doing a search for "flight simulator divorce". I found this incredibly funny, because while I tease my husband about divorcing him due to a condition I call "flight simulator geekiness", I never actually would divorce him.

Then I thought that perhaps someone did get divorced because of their flight simulator habits, and I felt bad for laughing. I know that some people can get overly obsessed with their gaming, and that it can put a strain on personal relationships. But I also know one of the secrets to a good marriage is tolerating a few whims now and then, as long as no one is going overboard.

To the person who was searching for "living in the same city as mother in law", you have my condolences. I can't give you much advice, though, because I am quite happy to be living in the same city as my mother in law.

To the person who searched for "lesbians scatology image" I say ewwww. Ewwww!

To the person who searched for "are italians loud" I say ask an Italian.

To the person who searched for "the foggy shapes" I say take your medication.

To the person who searched for "feta cheese ethical moral" I say huh?

To the person who searched for "greek mullet hair" I say yep, you find the mullet do in Greece in abundance.

To the person who searched for "what does it mean to give someone enough rope" I say if you can't figure that one out, you don't have enough rope.

And finally,

To the person who searched for "devil+letter+love", I don't think there is an address for hell.

5 comments:

Secret Mommy said...

Hi there! I found your blog from Tracie B.'s and thought I'd say hello! :-)

Your blog is extremely funny and we have some parallels. I also love baseball. (Altho don't hate me that my team is the Yanks. At least not the Mets, eh?) My fiance really got into a flight simulator game once when he was building a remote control helicopter. Thank God he pushed through that phase, because the sound of a tinny helicopter engine going in my living room almost 24 hours a day was really getting to me! :-)

Best, KG

Anonymous said...

zardoz says :


"feta cheese ethical moral"

that one was all the money.
still rolling over.

=z=

Cynthia Rae said...

I once had someone find my blog when searching for "big calves". Now I was talking about MY big legs, but I pictured some cowboy in Texas searching the net for big calves.

Are you Italians loud? You bet, but they aren't just loud when mad, they are always loud. It took me a long time to figure out when Italians were yelling or just talking.

Last but not least, mullets (sadly enough) are universal!
Cyn

Miss Kim said...

Those are hilarious Mel! I never get any interesting searches-lol! Perhpas I am too careful in what I write?

melusina said...

Hello right back at ya Kigo! It is ok to like the Yanks. Even though they shouldn't be, they are actually my second favorite AL team (because for awhile they were actually getting somewhere when the O's were doing badly!). Thankfully, my husband has not yet attempted to build any flying machines, model or otherwise.

Zardoz, you know, I still can't figure out exactly what they were looking for with that one. At least it is funny.

Cyn, I did the same thing with Greeks. I still kinda think they are arguing when they are just talking. Whoever thought Americans would be the quiet ones? And...the mullet MUST DIE.

Traveller one, perhaps you are too careful! I am still amazed at the things people search for. It is a weird, wonderful world.