Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Academy Awards 2006

Well, the nominations are out and they are pretty much in keeping with the flow of previous awards nominations. I can safely say that I have yet to see one of the main pictures up for awards, although I have seen some of the films that are up for the crap awards like sound and art direction.

Ok, so they aren't crap awards, and I apologize to all the industry people who work hard to make their films the best in their category.

Not having seen the main movies but obviously having the ability to judge a book by its cover, I think I'd prefer to see Good Night and Good Luck win best picture and Reese Witherspoon win best actress, because McCarthyism sucked and she is a nice Nashville girl, respectively.

Everything else I am kinda meh about. I'm just looking forward to seeing Isaac Mizrahi Live on the Red Carpet again, if the pompous Oscar suits don't ban him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of the nominated films, even for those 'crappy' awards like photograaphy. I'm just not interested. I'll wait until they come out on DVD. I have a friend in the US though who thinks it is rather strange that I have no interest in those awards, but I don't.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen any of the nominated films, even for those 'crappy' awards like photograaphy. I'm just not interested. I'll wait until they come out on DVD. I have a friend in the US though who thinks it is rather strange that I have no interest in those awards, but I don't.