Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Is that really necessary?

A British woman has married a dolphin. Yep, you heard right. And while I know that it is getting much harder for women to find good men these days, especially once you pass the age of 40, I'm still not certain this woman should have given up just yet. If she did marry a bonafide human being, would that then be considered bigamy? Or are we all allowed one marriage with a member of the animal kingdom and one with a human?

I'm the last one to push for prohibitive measures of such marriages, in fact, obviously I get a great deal of entertainment from such crazy human activities. But in a world where homosexuals can only get married in a few places, is this really appropriate? Not to mention, I hardly see the point of such a marriage. Was the dolphin even of sound mind enough to give consent? Or did we just whore him off to the first crazy lady that came his way?

Well, even if she did ever have a hope of marrying a man, I think that is pretty much shot now. Too bad for her. I heard that dolphins can be really selfish lovers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selfish lover? I would appreciate you stop using that old stereotype. My wife is a dolphin and she is amazing in bed.

Fascinating site you have! Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

*click click click....*

*squeak whine*

*click click CLICK!!!*


The Dolphin

Alice said...

Noo waayy?!?! ROFL
Just wondering about that sentence where she says that the "tranquility under water calms her down". So is she going to start living in the water now (to be close to her husband/wife - I didn't catch the gender of the animal) or what? LOL

chez bez said...

Well, it worked for Tom Hanks and that mermaid.

The SeaWitch said...

Years ago, in my home city of Halifax, Nova Scotia, our mayor married two swans. It was discovered later that they were both male. So I think it's safe to say my city was the first in Canada to have a gay marriage.

Anonymous said...

I heard the dolphin is female.