Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Fire, but you can't walk with me any further

Yes, this is another DVD rant. It is bad enough that we can't get a copy of Blade Runner in Region 2 DVD, but why the HELL haven't they released the second season of Twin Peaks in ANY region?

Look, I know the first season was much stronger, but the second season wasn't entirely lost. There were some good episodes. The Windham Earle storyline was quite interesting. Diane Keaton even directed an episode. And David Duchovny in drag - need I say more??

I hope it isn't because they think they won't sell enough of them. I know plenty of Twin Peaks fans who are chomping at the bit to complete the series.

I know they released it all on VHS at one point, if you can find them. But see, I already have them on VHS, from when I taped them off the damn T.V. I need DVD quality Twin Peaks.

Ok, I bitched, and now I feel better. See, this is why blogs are good. Sure, I could get a diary and write all this crap down, but it is much more satisfying hitting the "publish post" button.

4 comments:

Tracie P. said...

and don't forget, no one can you diary ;)

teacher dude said...

Why not hire Bladerunner from the video club and dvd shrink it? Or I could give you a copy if you want (just don't tell Seawitch) LOL.

melusina said...

Thanks teacher dude, but I like having a fresh, new factory version, I don't like copies. Not that I have a problem with people making copies, I just like my DVDs brand new. I'll probably break down and buy the region 1 copy for now anyway, and I bet within a week after doing that they'll announce the rerelease on region 2.

Infindecimal slice said...

Do what most people do, get it through torrent, then if you want to support the company buy it when it comes out in your region.si