Monday, March 13, 2006

Oh no, not reality again

I had one of those weekends where, by choice, I was blissfully unaware of what was going on in the world. A nuclear war could have erupted and I wouldn't have known about it, until it was too late, of course.

I'm one of those people who gets addicted to news, but after a certain amount of time can't handle it anymore. Perhaps I take things too seriously sometimes. Who knows. I'll go through stages where I'm all about the news, all the time, and then suddenly, no news for days. Couldn't care less about the news. The news pretty much always sucks, anyway.

Instead, my husband and I watched Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, The Exorcism of Emily Rose (which was, surprisingly, much better than I expected, although apparently not following the true story it is based on much), and various miscellaneous crap (but enjoyable crap). I finished The Robots of Dawn, baked an apple pie, and made homemade pizza.

All in all, it was a pretty damn good weekend, despite the rainy weather.

But now...back to the news.

2 comments:

Tracie P. said...

i saw the exorcism of emily rose--it WAS very good! laura linney used to irritate me (who knows why) until i saw "you can count on me." now i laaahhhk huuur.

Alice said...

Same here, I can handle only so much news. I wish it weren't so negative all the time. I haven't seen Emily Rose though ... I admit am curious about it!