Tuesday, March 21, 2006

You look like you could use a drink

A patient my husband had treated at the hospital brought him a gift: one of those fancy boxed bottles of scotch whiskey, a brand he and I have never heard of before.

I'm trying to decide what the message was here, if it was "you are such a terrible doctor please put down the rubber hammer and drink yourself into a stupor" or "you are so frazzled, I think you need a drink". It could be either one, so we'll pretend it is the latter, and drink to our heart's content.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Hmmm...one of my students' parents actally bought me a big bottle of alcohol once too...and I wondered "is this to placate my nerves after hours of taking care of your children?"

Tracie P. said...

i think the message was: you'll owe me a favor later. or maybe i've just been in italy too long.