Saturday, March 04, 2006

In which I am actually looking forward to the Oscars

For the first time in a brazilian years I am looking forward to the Oscars. Not because I am hyped about the movies that are up for awards. Not because I love the actors and actresses involved (ok, ok, I am SO rooting for Reese Witherspoon, because I think she is a great actress, not to mention a Nashville girl, and us Nashville girls gotta stick together). Not because I love seeing stars dressed up in their finest attire (ok, so I like that just a little bit, especially when someone wears something really atrocious).

No, I am looking forward to the Oscars this year because of the fantabulous Jon Stewart. I can't think of a better Oscar host. And I really hope he isn't too toned down for the Oscars, although I know he can't be like he is on The Daily Show. Or can he?

Sure, it will be on at 3am here, but they will repeat it again at 9pm on Monday. I'll have to do my best to avoid watching any news or reading any blogs before I watch it Monday, although I'll probably still be awake at 3am tomorrow night. Still, the stupid Greek announcer person will be talking all over everything because they won't have had time to subtitle it yet. I don't want anything interrupting my Jon Stewart.

3 comments:

Kassandra said...

JON STEWART IS HOSTING THE OSCARS??!?!??!?! Just shows how out of the loop I am that I didn't know that. I wish I still didn't know, actually! I have been Oscar-less for 3 years now, as I don't get filmnet, and besides the opportunity to make fun of the atrocious outfits, I don't miss them much.
But Jon Stewart is my favourite TV personality. In fact, I think the daily show is just about the only worthwhile thing on American TV, and I miss it dearly.
And now I'm going to miss him hosting the OSCARS!!! %&#&$#*&$%!!!
You MUST post afterwards with all the juicy bits please!

Tracie P. said...

did you ever see election? or freeway? those are 2 of my favorite reese movies...i'm big fan too!

if you get cnn international, they play the daily show sometimes around 8:30 or 9:30 pm. i haven't caught on to a regular schedule, but try to find it!!! it's there!

melusina said...

I will share what I remember kassandra! I guess there is always the possibility of him flopping - like Letterman did - but I highly doubt it.

Tracie, yea I saw Election, I only saw parts of Freeway though. We watch the Daily Show Global Edition religiously on CNN, I just wish Comedy Central would go global!!