Friday, March 03, 2006

Let me take you down...

Strawberry season has officially begun in Greece. We had our first shortcake a few nights ago - the strawberries were ok, but still not quite ripe.

Today, we got some more fresh strawberries that look FANTASTIC. Rich red, ripe, sweet, gigantic. Genetics are definitely on their side, and soon, they will be in our bellies. Someday we will have a digital camera so I can actually produce proof of such fabulous things, but perhaps it is good we don't. It might make some folks jealous.

Strawberry fields forever.

3 comments:

Tracie P. said...

imagine how good it would be with a little nutella!!

Unknown said...

Oh tracie you are making me even more hungry, but Mel that sounds incredible. Strawberries just came out here but they aren't lasting all too long. I'll have to make P a shortcake in a few days or so...

melusina said...

We just had our second shortcake of the season. It was heaven, perfect berries this time.

I LOVE strawberries!