Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ah, lovely

A group of kids in my neighborhood were apparently given whistles for their Carnivale celebrations this year. I keep forgetting how much noise kids are freely allowed to make this time of year.

The big question is, how much more can I take before I march down to the street and take the whistles and crush them forcibly into a million tiny pieces? Θα δούμε. For now, I am drowning myself in the sounds of Vanderbilt's premiere student radio station, WRVU. God bless the internet.

10 more days to go til the celebrations are over. Tick toc, tick toc...

3 comments:

chez bez said...

And God bless you for listening to WRVU while so far away. It's the only station I listen to anymore around these parts.

Tracie P. said...

my boyfriend told me it was best to stay home on fat tuesday in naples because the eggs, they go a flyin'. so it's just whistles in greece? i bet those kiddies have something else up their sleeves!

melusina said...

WRVU is teh pwn for sure!

Tracie, yea, they do have more up their sleeves, a variety of noisemakers and firecrackers, except those are usually relegated to more common areas instead of my quiet neighborhood. The little kids always get toys like whistles or something and use them til they can't use them anymore. In smaller villages guns and such may be fired (although this happens more at Easter here).