Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm making up countries now

My husband is working one of the famous doctor 24-hour shifts tonight, and as we were talking on the phone about some random subject matter involving our northern neighbors I meant to say Slovakia and instead repeatedly called that good nation Souvlakia. Now, I know I wouldn't pass up the chance to name any brand new nation but we'll chalk this one up to hunger and ignore the fact that I experienced a brain fart of catastrophic proportions.

This, by the way is what is known as a blogemptive strike (ah, dear Socrates would be so proud). I blogged this before my husband had the chance to embarrass me himself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZARDOZ SAYS:

BETWEEN RESSURECTING mr SHARON,
FIXING THE BOXING MATCHES,
AND NAMING COUNTRIES ANEW

and "experiencing a brain fart of catastrophic proportions,.."

I MEAN DOES THE FUN EVER STOP.
HE HAW ......

=== ZARDOZ ===

christina said...

Souvlakia!! LOL! That's a good one.

Cynthia Rae said...

You are too funny! I do the same thing, when I do something silly I always call myself out on it before anyone else has the chance! It really takes the wind out their sails! hehehehe.

Cyn
PS. Do you need a passport to visit Souvlakia?