Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What? No Gary Oldman in the next HP film?

According to Wizard News, via the Gary Oldman fan site, Oldman's manager confirmed that they have not been contacted about his appearance in the next Harry Potter movie, The Order of the Phoenix.

Now, this is dire news for some Harry Potter fans (like me), who picked Oldman from the beginning to play the role of Sirius Black and thought he did a smashing job in The Prisoner of Azkaban.

Please, don't let the gods of Harry Potterdom go cheap on us and cast someone else for the part. We want Oldman!

UPDATE: Wizard News is now reporting the confirmation of both Oldman and David Thewlis. Phew!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Anyone other than Gary Oldman just won't do.

jolie

Anonymous said...

Actually, I just checked the Wizard News and this article states that both Gary Oldman and David Thewlis are confirmed for Order. Whew... what a relief.

http://www.wizardnews.com/story.200602071.html

Emily said...

Yeah, check out news at theleakycauldron.org. That's where I get my Harry Potter news, and they have a long piece about how there is every reason to believe that Oldman will be back.

Flubberwinkle said...

Oh, my, Daughter #1 will be disappointed! She's a big Oldman fan.
p.s. Melusina thanks for correcting me in recent HP tidbit. Luna, indeed, was not in HPiv book. I just meshed all my favorites together and was dutifully whipped by my kids for this online disgrace!
:-D

Kat Coble said...

If I didn't know how common this was for Gary, I'd be worried.

I'm a Gary freak and have been since Prick Up Your Ears back in the dark ages. He does this alot as a negotiating ploy.

He says he "hasn't been contacted" or the "role hasn't been negotiated" or whatever, and they (he and Urbanski) use the response in bargaining for a higher salary.

melusina said...

Ah, what a relief. I was seriously considering not going to see the movie if they didn't bring Oldman back as Sirius.

Not that my 6 euros would matter much.

melusina said...

Oh, and Flubberwinkle, us old folks do that kinda stuff all the time. I would have got them all jumbled up if I hadn't recently reread them all. =p