Monday, February 06, 2006

Thanks bunches!

Do you get the sarcasm in that title? It is the sarcasm of the preppy blonde who really hates the person she is talking to. I've spent a nice chunk of my afternoon deleting 105 spam comments from the house cleaning posse, and thus, I have resorted to word verification on comments for now.

While I firmly believe that people who do such a thing - besides the inevitable bad karma they will surely experience - should be thwapped repeatedly with a wet noodle for hours on end, it is impossible to identify such individuals. So, do it again and the cute puppy gets it.

In the meantime, the snow has been lovely, and falling steadily all day. Unfortunately, my husband's underwear that was on the clothesline bought it. Apparently, snow doesn't behave like rain, and even the protection of the awning didn't prevent his tighty whiteys from getting snow soaked. Ah well.

2 comments:

Kassandra said...

Oh that is too cute!!! Please don't hurt the puppy!!! :) Bad spammers don't like cute puppies anyway! On another note - I haven't turned on the word ver thing yet either - do you think it is inevitable that if I don't I too will get a ton of spam eventually? Am I the only one that has trouble sometimes figuring out what the letters are supposed to be?
(also ps in my experience preppy blondes who call themselves preppy blodes turn out to be not so preppy or 'blonde' after all...)

melusina said...

I would never *really* hurt a puppy! But 105 spam comments was a bit too much. Took me upwards of an hour to delete them all.

You may or may not get spam. I hadn't gotten any for ages until recently. I got one or two a week and didn't really worry about it. But today was a bit overkill for my taste, and it didn't seem as if they were going to stop.

And you are not the only problem who has trouble figuring out what the letters are supposed to be. It is very weird sometimes.

Haha on the preppy blondes, you are right on that.