Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ah, Christmas

One of the best things about Christmas in the city is I can put laundry on the line at night and gaze happily at all the balconies decked with lights and decorations. I still wonder, though, how they plug stuff in outside. I have never seen an outside outlet here (I hardly see inside outlets, for that matter). Do they run a hole in the wall to the inside or something? Under the door? Crazy, but I'm jealous.

One of the worst things about Christmas is when all the decorations go away.

4 comments:

Alice said...

we have a plug outside, which is quite convenient!

Anonymous said...

Everyone I know has sockers on their balconies! Looks like you're the minority Mel!

Cynthia Rae said...

It is the same thing here in Italy. How DO they do it?

Happy Holidays,
Merry Christmas,
Buon Natale and
Kala Christougena!
Cyn

melusina said...

Really Ellas? My in-laws don't have any either, and their building is semi-new. This building is old and there are hardly any plugs in this apartment to begin with. Hmm, maybe I need to make sure we get some outside our house on Hortiati so Thanos can have fun every Christmas stringing lights outside.

Plugs outside ARE convenient. But they scare me a little.

Wow Cyn, you are doing well with the languages there! You did a nice job transliterating the Greek to English, I never know how to, so right back at you.