Friday, December 30, 2005

Selective hearing

My husband went to a satellite store to get all the cables need for his latest project. I asked him to get a 10 metre antenna cable (or whatever the hell you call it) so we can connect the satellite box to the TV in the bedroom.

He came back from the store and tested the cable.

HUBBY: It isn't long enough.

ME: Is it ten metres?

HUBBY: It is eight, or something.

ME: I told you we needed ten metres.

HUBBY: I don't think ten would be long enough.

ME: Well that is beside the point isn't it, you didn't get ten. But ten would be long enough. Why didn't you have the guy make you a ten metre cable?

HUBBY: Uh, he already had this one cut. It was only a couple of euros, it doesn't matter.

ME: Yea, but now we still don't have a long enough cable.

1 comment:

Cynthia Rae said...

My husband blames our "language" for misunderstandings. I KNOW it isn't language, he just dosen't listen. One day when I will speak perfect Italian, there will STILL be a lack of comunication! MEN!
Cyn