Sunday, December 18, 2005

Stephen King's 10 Favorite Books of 2005

From Entertainment Weekly. It seems Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince made King's list. Now, while I am a Harry Potter fan, I didn't like this novel as much as some of the others. In fact, I think if it had been the first book I read of the series, I wouldn't have been inclined to read the others. Then again, perhaps I'll have to give it another read-through and see.

I haven't heard of most of the other books, although I am familiar with a couple of the authors. Some of them sound intriguing, others not so much.

Of the books I've read in 2005 (none of which were published this year, except for the HP), I do have to say that King's The Stand is in the top 10. I'd have to give it more thought, but I'd also include Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale, Jeffrey Eugenides' Middlesex and Douglas Coupland's Microserfs. See, I told you I was behind on my "modern" reading.

No comments: