Friday, July 08, 2005

And Off We Go

It's official - we'll be moving in mid-August. While I knew it was coming, I guess I kinda hoped something would keep us in our Olympian village for a little bit longer. I love Litochoro - it is a wondrous mix of mountains and sea, friendly people, and quite a comfortable place to live. I look forward to the busy city life of Thessaloniki, but I'll miss quiet village living. It is with a heavy heart that I'll leave the protection of the Olympians. I'll miss the mists over Mt. Olympus, the mountain snow, the lush valley.

Ah well, it will only be an hour away, so plenty of opportunities to steal a weekend here now and then, and perhaps someday a summer home. And it will be good to live in the city again, and be near the in-laws and friends.

No comments: