Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Where is my mind

I am having one of those days where I just can't get it together. Laundry needs to be done, groceries need to be bought, but for some reason I can't get it into my head what laundry or what groceries. I hate days like this - they validate my mother's constant refrain that I should make lists - but I have always prided myself on being extremely organized without the aid of lists.

Ah well, blame it on the heatwave, blame it on the stress of the upcoming move, hopefully its not one of those "you are just getting old" things. I hate that. It is always the old and wise who make such comments, as if they are glad to be bringing another poor sap into their club. Well, I *am* getting old, I don't need anyone reminding me, and it annoys me when people state the obvious.

Hopefully I can get my mind together before it gets critical. I don't have time to be vapid these days.

No comments: