Wednesday, July 20, 2005

My kingdom for good Mexican...

Mexican food, that is. Now, I know I didn't patronize the plethora of delicious Mexican restaurants Nashville had to offer that often, but still, when you go three years without so much as a Mexican restaurant sighting, you realize you miss it. Sure, on Kos, the tourist trap hellzone, there were those weird combo Mexican/burger/pizza places, but that, of course, is not what I'm talking about. I am talking about Las Palmas, hell, even SATCO. There was a new place that had opened in East Nashville that I went to once but forgot the name of that was really good (of course, that might be closed by now).

Here, I have to settle for the McCormick taco seasoning mix my parents send us, and while the tacos we make taste good, it is obviously not the same. Today I am reminded of it more, because we decided to make tacos. Well, lo and behold, we can't even find Doritos salsa in the grocery store, so today we are making tacos sans salsa.

O, the humanity!

2 comments:

John Valentine said...

Salsa a la Valentine

1 to 1 ratio of Tomato to Jalapeno (sp?)
little onion
lots-o-garlic
cilatro
bell pepper
lime juice
dash salt
small pinch-o-sugar

blend

Infindecimal slice said...

There are some Mexican restaurants in Thessaloniki, i know one in Krini, and I have heard of at least two more