Saturday, July 23, 2005

Synchronized smiling

For the last week or so, one of the public television channels in Greece has been showing synchronized swimming every night. Now, I am assuming there is some kind of championship or something going on somewhere, but a week of synchronized swimming is a bit too much. Not to mention, I have come to the conclusion that it is both enthralling and disturbing. The smiles they have on their faces are like masks of the cheerful undead, as they prance their pointy toes around and dip, dive, and flutter like birds in the water.

Where do we come up with these things?

2 comments:

deviousdiva said...

OH, We have way too much time.
I agree; can't stand the smiling,
I used to swim, quite well actually, but I never did that smiling thing.

Oh I feel a song coming on

melusina said...

I actually never learned how to swim. I couldn't ever let go of the sides of the pool. Pretty pathetic. I love watching diving and other swimming, but the flippity legs in the air upside down Lord of the Dance smiley stuff creeps me out.