Thursday, July 14, 2005

Lazy days and Wednesdays always get me down

Yes, I've been lazy today. My husband is off work because we are going to Thessaloniki tomorrow to do some pre-move shopping and apartment finalizing. Basically when he is off work it means we watch DVDs and play World of Warcraft all day, since it is too hot to go outside, and we are running out of "leisure" time thanks to the move.

I wanted to avoid the news today, but I saw enough. I am bummed that Discovery didn't launch, but I'd rather they were safe, of course. Add to that Rehnquist's health and I just want to bury my head in the sand like a flamingo. Or is that an ostrich. But I prefer flamingoes. In fact, I have a small story about flamingoes.

At one point, oh, about 3 years ago, I think it was summer 2002, Billy Ray Cyrus had a new album out. To promote it, the dumbasses at his record company decided to put bandana bedecked plastic pink flamingoes all over Nashville (or at least the area around Music Row/Belmont/Vandy). Well, of course they were gone by morning, and yes, I took one as a souvenir, I couldn't help it. Well, our flamingo (which we aptly named Billy Ray) made it all the way to Greece with us, and has been a proud member of our household ever since.

Yes, it is a stupid story, but oh well.

No comments: