Saturday, July 16, 2005

Moving sucks.

I think we officially need that bumper sticker. I knew I would be moving this much when I "signed on" to marry a doctor in the Greek army, but it seemed like a better deal when we were still in the newbie stages of long term love. It could be worse, at least there are no boats involved with this move.

Of course, in the end, once we're moved, and it is all over, it is a great relief for me. But my poor husband always has to face the first day at a new camp, with new responsbilities, all up to this point usually having nothing to do with being a doctor. This time, however, we are moving for him to start his specialization in Psychiatry, and while he is still a little uncertain, at least he will be doing what his education has taught him to do, and learning more in the process. Sure, he'll have 8 ER shifts a month, but we'll deal with it.

But a couple of bonuses (I think it would be better if the plural was bonii) - life again in the big city - and being close to his family, whom I love spending time with. But the buildup and the packing and the arrangements and the money...blech. At least I have my blog to bitch about it!

No comments: