Tuesday, October 04, 2005

And today, the opposite

Instead of nice food smells, today someone cooked fish. It started about 2 this afternoon, it is now 7, and the whole neighborhood still smells like fish. And it DOESN'T smell good. Phew. We're going to go through a couple packs of incense tonight, I fear.

Add to this, someone, somewhere, in some apartment building nearby, has some kind of alarm that goes off continuously all afternoon, every day. We have noticed it since Saturday. My husband, who is so far from a violent man he puts Ghandi to shame, has started on the shotgun tirade now, just to get that damn alarm turned off. Yeeshk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are the bad influence. I'm wondering how long before we see Mr & Mrs Vigilantie on the news roaming the mean streets of Thessaloniki imposing their own brand of justice.

melusina said...

I am a bad influence! But Thessalonikians (that doesn't sound right) have too many noise making devices!