Sure, the list could be bigger, if I wanted to impose on my parents more. Our staples happen to be:
- Tidy Cat litter box liners - I know this seems strange, but there aren't any comparable items here that I have found, and I absolutely MUST line the litter box, and Tidy Cat products are the best in this regard
- Benadryl - well, this is something I absolutely can't live without, thanks to allergies and those nights when I just can't get to sleep. Safer than sleeping pills, fore sure.
- McCormick Taco Mix and Sloppy Joe Mix - I doubt these things need to be explained. We can get tortillas here, even salsa, but Mexican food is rare and hard to find (and probably wouldn't be very good if it was). Homemade tacos is the way to go. And yea, I could make Sloppy Joes from scratch but why should I?
- Lemonade packets - well, you can get ten million kinds of lemon soda here, but ain't nothing like lemonade. Again, I could make it from scratch, but, naaah
- Lint remover refills - ok, they do have lint remover things here, but I don't find them adequate, and I haven't found any like the Evermore brand ones I already had the stick for. So my parents send the refills.
- Vanilla flavoring - the vanilla they have here is some weird powdered version that just doesn't work right in my recipes.
- Canned pumpkin - well, things that are called pumpkins here don't really look like pumpkins to me (they look like what we called gourds) and I don't know how to turn fresh pumpkin into the right pumpkin for pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, and pumpkin cookies. And you can't even have a pretend Thanksgiving dinner without pumpkin pie.
Before I moved, I never really thought about the fact that there would be things I just couldn't live without. If I had had to make a list prior to moving, I doubt any of these things would have been on it, except for the pumpkin (I actually packed some cans of pumpkin in with the stuff the movers took). It is nice to have parents that take the time to gather the items and send the packages, as much of a pain in the arse it must be. But I have a feeling they don't see it that way.