Monday, September 12, 2005

Now THIS is feminism

Apparently, there is a new political party in Sweden called Feminist Initiative, which is lobbying for the people's vote in the upcoming 2006 elections. It is a female-only party that supports the abolition of marriage, which they claim "is not love but ownership."

"Instead of marriage we want to promote a co-habitation law that ignores gender and allows more than two people in a partnership."

Interesting concept. I am not sure how such a law will work towards the feminist agenda. While it is nice to think of a woman having a household of men, I somehow feel that this law will end up benefitting men more, as women are less likely to want to have multiple partners (sheesh, ONE man is enough to drive you crazy!).

And how do they intend to garner the male vote? By offering up a 6-hour workday. Maybe they should look into free tool kits as a bonus.

4 comments:

chez bez said...

You had me at six-hour work day.

Aunt B said...

I don't know. If I had a house full of men, they could carry me places on their shoulders... big hulking shoulders...

Because all my men would be football players and professional wrestlers...

egalia said...

I love Sweden. Feminists there already have more than we've ever dreamed of, so they're free to dream up radical stuff like this. Must be nice.

If I win the lottery, I'm goin'.

melusina said...

Too true egalia. And too bad things are going backwards in the U.S.

Well, Aunt B., I'm with ya there. I've always run on the male harem ticket. But I'd have to have my pretty, soft, intellectual men too.