Wednesday, September 21, 2005

International Day of Peace

September 21st is the U.N. declared International Day of Peace, expecting all countries at war to cease-fire for today.

In his message, Kofi Annan declared, "It is time enough for combatants and political leaders to consider the destruction they are visiting on their people, and on their lands. And it is long enough to look over the barricades, or through the barbed wire, to see if there is another path."

It is a nice sentiment, but war exists simply to serve agendas these days. I wonder if there ever could be a situation where the world was at peace. Perhaps if women ruled all the major superpowers...

2 comments:

melusina said...

You know nothing about women. This is not how women work. If there are insults, then it will be a matter of banning them from all international functions and the like, blacklisting them forever. There is no "boom" warfare in a woman's world. =p

melusina said...

Damn, I only saw you posted a couple of times but I thought you were a woman Eff. I don't really know why, because my husband thought you were a guy. I guess I'm on crack.

I actually don't know that I would say women are more clever, or less clever. Some are and some aren't. I'm not a feminist in the traditional sense I guess. I want to see women doing all the same jobs as men do, but only the qualified women. I think just giving someone a job because it fits some racial/gender percentage is bullshit.

I do think that women in power would be less likely to go to war, but who knows?