Sunday, September 18, 2005

Mother's milk

As I mentioned before, we get thousands of flyers for various take-out places under our door. Recently, we got one that has a picture of a mother breastfeeding her baby, with the word MANOULA! (mommy) across the front. A closer inspection of the flyer shows the word manoula to be part of a sentence, that says, translated, "the best food that reminds you of mommy".

Something just ain't right about it. I'm not exactly sure I want to eat food that tastes like mother's milk.

Of course, we just ordered food from them anyway, as living dangerously is part of our protocol. I'll let ya know.

UPDATE: The food was actually pretty damn good, and I don't think it tasted like mother's milk.

2 comments:

Jeruen said...

Just curious, what was the logic of the picture?

LIW

melusina said...

We still don't have a scanner so I can't post it.

LIW, I am guessing the logic of the picture was the "reminder of mommy", but I would think rather they would want it to remind you of mom's cooking, not of her breastfeeding. I guess the point was for people to notice it, which I guess we did, because not only did we order food from them, I made a post about it. =)