Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It'll end in tears

Well, it looks like Iran isn't going to give up its right to nuclear energy. Not that I think they should, hey, I honestly thought any problems the world had with Iran were over a long time ago. Then again, I am endlessly naive about such things. Still, acting like a stubborn fool isn't going to help matters much, and I mean that in a nice way.

Iran may stop allowing snap inspections of its nuclear facilities if it is referred to the UN Security Council, says the country's top negotiator.

Ali Larijani said Tehran would review its stance on a treaty protocol that permits inspections at short notice.

I don't see the point in denying inspections, really, except to be pig-headed. Of course, I can't blame anyone for being pig-headed, because I can be horribly pig-headed sometimes. Still, my pig-headedness doesn't lead to potential war on a global scale.

US ambassador to the IAEA, Greg Schulte, said on Monday that Iran was pursuing a course of confrontation by continuing its conversion of uranium.

It is statements like this that really worry me, especially in light of recent news about the possibility of allowing nuclear pre-emptive strikes. Sheesh, you know, this is all getting a bit too serious.

Unless the ultimate plan is for there to be reason to nuke the entire world, while Dubya and his family and friends live radiation-free in an underground city, creating an unter race of imbeciles to repopulate the Earth. Although I can see how that will end. They will think it safe to return to the surface, open the air-lock door, and then all die of radiation poisoning, thus ending all human life on the planet. Not a very promising future.

No comments: