Wednesday, September 14, 2005

That ain't no cantaloupe and I need a digital camera

I really need a digital camera, because maybe someone out there in the blogosphere could help me with this one. We are hoping to get one for Christmas, but we'll see.

At any rate, my husband and passed by the produce stand that is across the street from us. I pointed to a weird looking football sized speckly fruit (I think it might have had horns, but that could also be my overextended imagination) and said "what the hell is that?!?"

My husband replied "a cantaloupe".

That, my friends, was no cantaloupe.

EDIT: Geez, I spelled cantaloupe wrong. Maybe that means I don't actually know what a cantaloupe is!

2 comments:

Caribbean Colors Belize said...

That reminds me of when I was living in West Germany (shows how many years ago THAT was). I was at the market and bought what I THOUGHT was a chicken...

melusina said...

Lol, I can't imagine what you might have bought. They have all sorts of weird fowl for human consumption here too, hehe. I am very careful to make sure I always get chicken or turkey, though. =p