Monday, November 28, 2005

Advice of the day

It is probably best not to go on holiday to a country where you wouldn't want to be incarcerated.

Yea, I know most of us plan not to get arrested when we are on vacation, but innocents can be arrested (ie. Bridget Jones - The Edge of Reason) and you might get really stupid and decide to take some drugs with you (ie. Midnight Express) or just be a bit forgetful and forget to dump or use your stash before heading to the airport (um, that never happened to anyone I know).

I suppose this several limits options for holidays but seriously, I wouldn't want to be falsely arrested in a place like Indonesia. Or China. Or Afghanistan. You get my point.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A few years ago, my folks went to Barbados and upon their arrival home, my mom decided to show me something she'd picked up over there.

It was a root of a marajuana plant. I'm like "you brought that all the way from Barbados" and she's like "yeah, they were growing it behind the banana plants"

I said "mum, if they'd have found that, you could have been arrested!" to which she replied "no, not this little bit, I was just bringing it back to show you".

Try telling that to a judge!