Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

Instead of pigging out silly on turkey, dressing, and pumpkin pie, I'm catching up on laundry and watching E! (I only get to watch E! when my husband works his shifts). It is easy to forget it is a holiday when you keep busy.

It is so weird living overseas during traditional American holidays, especially the 4th of July and Thanksgiving. It is almost offensive that other countries don't recognize our holidays, proving that I am the atypical me-me-me American. Of course, not that Greeks need even MORE holidays. They already get quite a few.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to those that are celebrating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I'm thinking as it's Thanksgiving in the US, you guys will be giving a lot of thought to the things you are thankful for...

I'm sure number one on the list is...

"I am thankful I am lucky enough to live in Greece!"

:-)

melusina said...

That is actually on my list, EllasDevil!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not American either but I'm thankful for having a Greek American friend who cooked a delicious thanksgiving meal for us all!