Monday, November 21, 2005

Thank god for cabin pressure

In another stunning blow for evolution, a French woman has pled guilty to endangering the safety of an aircraft after she attempted to open the airplane door midflight to have a smoke. The woman claims to have a fear of flying, and so she had drunk alchohol along with downing sleeping pills before the flight. Her industrious lawyer claims the defendant has no recollection of what happened, and added that her client also has a history of sleepwalking. Yes, I've no doubt that she sleepwalked her way to the door, cigarette and lighter in hand, thinking she was just at the office and stepping outside for a smoke.

I suppose it is a good thing that the doors won't open when airborne, because you just never know what kind of moron might needing some fresh air.

2 comments:

Cynthia Rae said...

I find that alchohol and sleeping pills usually keep me quiet on long flights! Oh who am I kidding, the sleeping pills are enough to shut me up!

hehehehe

Cyn

melusina said...

I hate smoking, I have little sympathy for "smoker's rights". I couldn't even stand my own wedding reception because of all the smoking Greeks.

I still don't see how anyone who consumed alcohol and sleeping pills was walking around. I guess she has a bit of a resistance built up. =p