Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Ok, so it isn't really phonebooks, it is books, and I probably give The Jerk much more credit than it deserves. I guess we all deserve a couple of really stupid movies that make us laugh.

Five shiny new books arrived from Amazon today, and my husband and I are already fighting over who gets to read what first.

The Stand
In the Hand of Dante
In Cold Blood
The Plot Against America
The Naked Sun

I'm still working my way through the Bridget Jones extravaganza (thanks to my sister-in-law) so I told my husband he can read whatever he wants.

Sometimes, I'm a good wife.

EDIT: He chose In Cold Blood. Now lets see how long it takes him to read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Stand is great but the uncut edition you got is very, very long so that would be my first choice. It also might make you a little bit more nervous about the current avian flu thing.

melusina said...

Yea, I was thinking of The Stand first too. I've been wanting to read it forever, and everyone I know who has read it thinks it is King's best and a really good book, with lots of philosophy intertwined with the story.

deviousdiva said...

I recently read "The Plot against America" Spooky and telling book... especially in these times. I am looking forward to your reviews.