Thursday, November 17, 2005

Say goodbye

Well, I didn't know they had made a TV version of the 1977 classic film The Goodbye Girl. After watching 15 minutes of the remake, I have to ask why they remade it. The remake was horribly embarrassing, almost like watching a train wreck. The stars in the latter version, Jeff Daniels and Patricia Heaton, seemed to be simply aiming to imitate their predecessors, Richard Dreyfuss and Marsha Mason. They did an extremely awkward job of it. I had to cover my eyes a few times.

Well, I guess I had said I was looking for a really good horror film. I got my wish.

3 comments:

Kat Coble said...

Wasn't it sad? The original film is one of my all-time favourites, and the remake (advertised heavily in The Twenty) was just painful. All 5 minutes that I was able to sit through, that is.

Cynthia Rae said...

I caught the end of this film when it was on tv in America. I was happy that I had missed the rest!
Sometimes they should leave a good thing alone!
Cyn

melusina said...

Tragic, painful, and definitely no need for a remake.

My eyes are still bleeding.