Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Bitch

Well, we are pretty much done packing, aside from computers, VCR's, DVD players and other "big" stuff. 40 some odd boxes of crap, its really hard to believe we have that much stuff. It didn't seem we had near as many boxes last time, but we are using smaller boxes this time and we've had to pack ALL our clothes and things away, as these movers are moving us to the 6th floor and all the furniture needs to be as light as possible, with drawers removed from dressers and such.

God, what a pain in the ass. I still think it is punishment for staying in the same place for so long in Nashville. I just HAD to marry a man destined to move ten bajillion times in three years.

The worst part of it is our air conditioner wasn't working right all day yesterday and last night, and it has been hot as hell here, so that has made things pretty miserable. We think we have the a/c problem figured out, at least hopefully til tomorrow.

Blogging, of course will be intermittent over the next couple of days, as we get crap sorted. We'll be following the movers tomorrow and move all our crap into the new apartment, then come back here Thursday for clean up and disconnecting services like phone, electricity and stuff. Ugh. The nice thing is we're paid up through August so anything we don't get done we can come back for throughout the month.

If you get bored (not that I have oh so many regular readers) I strongly recommend any and all the blogs I have posted to the right - I only add a blog if I enjoy the content, so there ya go.

2 comments:

Rex L. Camino said...

Mrs. Camino and I moved about four times over the span of two and a half years. It was about that time that I decided to get rid of all the books I couldn't live without and just get a library card.

melusina said...

Yea, we shouldn't have so many books, or rather, we shouldn't have kept moving them each year and just stored them in our house. But I can't get rid of my books. They've lived with me, through me, and all around me. I am way too attached to books.

And a library card wouldn't do me much good here, unless I learn to speak Greek fluently. =p