Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Our cat the big, fat faker

Yesterday I was on a cleaning whirlwind. Rarely do I get such energy, so when it comes, I have to take advantage. I even cleaned around my sleeping husband, and scrubbed the nasty front balcony which will never be really clean.

Naturally, our three cats do not enjoy the cleaning process. They are scared to death of the vacuum cleaner, they hate the wet floors left behind by the mop, and they generally prefer a sedate mommy whose lap they can crawl into. So after the cleaning whirlwind, when all seemed to have settled down, our tubby, handsome alpha male cat Princeton jumped down from the bed and came limping and crying into the sitting room. He was limping good too, but had no visible damage to his paw or leg. He curled up on the sofa (in his normal spot) and then a couple of hours later he jumped down again. Miraculously, the limp was gone!

Maybe his foot had been asleep earlier. Does that happen to animals? I would prefer to think he wasn't faking just to get a bunch of attention from both my husband and me. But I know better than to be too naive about the manipulation of cats.

2 comments:

Rex L. Camino said...

I was blessed/cursed with bat-like hearing, and you can often find me hiding in the closet along side the dog and cat when Mrs. Camino pushes that roaring vacuum cleaner about the house.

melusina said...

Poor Rex!