Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What women want

I thought I would take it upon myself to link to two excellent posts regarding Reuel Marc Gerecht's remarks on Meet the Press on Sunday.

Egalia at TGW posts the news and Aunt B. of Tiny Cat Pants does her usual eloquent job of making the point for all of us women.

Even though, of course, whatever they have to say, or I have to say, or that woman over there has to say really doesn't matter, since women's social rights are not critical to the evolution of democracy.

If I didn't know better, I'd be thinking that America was moving backwards socially. But how can that be true? America is the rock for which all human rights are based, right?

Ravers beaten by military type police in Utah
Blacks can't get a fair trial in Alabama
A good Christian condones assassination (oh, wait, "take him out" doesn't mean assassination, it can mean all sorts of things)
Army generals get fired for no good reason
Putting the fear of liberals into children
Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse

3 comments:

Vol Abroad said...

It makes me so sad...

Why can't they see they're devaluing America and democracy when the current administration pulls (or condones) the crap you listed.

Anonymous said...

I saw that Christian's comments about "take out the president of Venezuela", I like how the White House didn't condemn his comments. Apparently this kind of thing doesn't happen any more! The US doesn't interfear in the politics of Latin American countries! Anyway we'll see...

melusina said...

Yea, things like this are really hard to comment on. I mean, its all so obvious, to me at least, and to most of the world.

And, right, yea, ok, the U.S. doesn't interfere. *wink* *wink*