Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Won't you be my neighbor?

One of the nice things about city life, and living on the 6th floor, is the veritable slew of neighbors to spy on all around you. I happen to be a very nosey bugger, and ever since I was a child, I always had to pick out certain houses and invent stories about the people that lived there, even if I never saw the people that lived there. So having so many neighbors in such quantity around me is like a goldmine. There seems to be lots of balcony activity in the summertime, so there are lots of things to observe.

I was beginning to regret my voyeuristic tendencies today when I saw the old man who lives on the roof apartment across the street. He was wearing only his old man pencil thin boxer shorts and cutting his fingernails OVER the balcony railing. Lovely. It is one thing to watch some woman's laundry routine on the balcony (there is one woman I hate, she hangs and folds her laundry sooo perfectly), and entirely another to watch an old man hanging out on the balcony wearing almost nothing and letting his nasty old fingernails fall to the street. Imagine if you were walking along beneath him with a coffee or something and BAM! a big fingernail falls in your drink.

Ewwww.

No comments: