Thursday, August 18, 2005

Weird observation

For some reason, whenever I look at The Tennessean website, I always have to look at the restaurant scores. It is probably a good thing that I never looked at these scores when I actually ate out in Nashville.

Why is that almost every week at least one Chinese restaurant is in the low scores column? Is it some cultural thing about how they keep their kitchens that doesn't coincide with code?

Of course, I'd hate to think what scores most Greek tavernas would get. Not that I think any of them are unclean or that the food isn't good, I am just pretty sure they aren't up to U.S. restaurant code.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nah, I think whoever lists the scores wants to keep it diverse. Y'know... take the attention away from like, Chili's or Friday's.

*snort*

Us Chinese... we believe the stir-frying kills germs!

Anonymous said...

I think us Americans are too concerned with how clean the place where we eat is and not concerned enough with what we are eating. An American will check to make sure a hot dog stand has a high cleanliness rating, then scarf down a hot dog made from fillers like cattle organs and meat from places on the cow that I know for a fact they wouldn't eat if they saw it before it was ground up and squirted into a tube! Not to mention, that this is the way you get Mad Cow disease! You don't get Mad Cow from eating muscle tissue. You get it from eating the brain and organs!......Food for thought.

melusina said...

I don't know, I find it really strange. I mean, there are restaurants I have gone to that end up on the list, and I'm thinking, "that place was clean, the food was good, are they crazy?" I hope its not some sort of prejudice going on. People gotta appreciate the Chinese food when they have it, cuz you never know when you'll live somewhere you can't get it (like me in Greece).

And yea, there are things far worse that people will eat that having nothing to do with how clean a place is.

God forbid they did health inspections on people's kitchens!